Here's the official description:
The Analyst will directly support the Global Sourcing organization, including Indirect Materials, Direct Materials, OEM Finished Product and Development. Range of support will include the design and execution of quantitative and qualitative research, the development of business processes to monitor key market and technology trends, the development and validation of general and category specific strategies, and evaluation and resolution of ad hoc issues with suppliers.
The Analyst will report directly to the Supervisor of Sourcing Analysis and work among a team of analysts supporting the global sourcing organization. Responsibilities will vary between team-oriented projects and individual contributor assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (not in priority order):
- Support Category Directors with RFP development, analysis and awarding of business.
- Periodically evaluate regional sourcing alternatives and strategies (e.g., Far East, Ireland).
- Support development and refinement of category/supplier specific strategies through spend analysis, risk assessment, supplier evaluation and plant feedback.
- Gather and synthesize supplier performance in support of Supplier Performance Business Reviews; assure efficient and effective information management processes and tools.
- Work with Sourcing Directors to develop and implement a process for evaluating and monitoring supply risk.
- Support expansion of strategic sourcing practices into previously non-impactable spend areas.
- Support development needs for new supplier identification in both existing and new categories.
This individual should bring strong analytical and business perspective and possess the following characteristics:
- Analytical skills. Capable of breaking down complex problems into structured frameworks in order to effectively identify critical levers, determine key information, identify alternative approaches and present cogent recommendations. Comfortable performing analyses where information is difficult, or impractical, to obtain. Skilled at leveraging or developing IT tools to efficiently sift through large volumes of data in order to extract key information, and assuring that any relevant tools are well documented and transferable to others on the team. Trained to interpret fundamental business financial statements and information.
- Management skills. Ability to effectively simultaneously manage multiple tasks from up to four different internal customers. Strong project planning discipline to effectively set expectations and balance resource load. A self-starter who can capitalize on high level direction to define projects with clear deliverables and timelines.
- Procurement expertise. Procurement skills and category experience can be a plus, but candidate must possess a combination of fundamentals, and ability to quickly absorb new material.
- Relationship management. Ability to work with a broad array of personalities who are guided by varying priorities to get information on a timely basis that is required for analyses. Ability to take an independent point-of-view and challenge the ideas of site managers and internal stakeholders while maintaining their respect and confidence.
- Information systems skills. Knowledge and experience navigating SAP systems and/or MS Access preferred, but not required.
- Education/experience. A bachelor's degree, MBA preferred and three years of progressive business experience.