Kaiser Permanente's Application Systems Management (ASM) group is the organization's center of excellence for the integration, development, maintenance, and support of local, regional, and national software solutions that support Kaiser Permanente's mission to provide quality, affordable care. It's all part of an immense and on-going migration to a national IT systems strategy to better serve our millions of members across the country. Thousands of professionals in two divisions are committed to keeping both our local and national channels of clinical, insurance, financial, and administrative information flowing efficiently and cost-effectively. Supporting many mainframe, mid-range and client/server systems, we are simultaneously moving toward Web-enabled technologies utilizing MVS and UNIX-based operating systems. Oracle and DB2 are our enterprise database standard. Working in the ASM group not only demands top technical knowledge, it also taps the best in "emotional intelligence" because improving the lives of millions takes people who can connect with the day-to-day challenges of caring for them. Leading the revolution of the information age in health care at Kaiser Permanente, you can make a difference.
We seek a highly seasoned, energetic and self-directed IT professional to manage the development and deployment of large, complex investment projects which may span multiple business portfolios and functional areas. This individual will have primary accountability for successful delivery of the managed project(s).
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the Development, Introduction, and Deployment phases of the project life cycle, with participation in the earlier Qualified Idea, Concept, and Definition phases as needed.
- Develop work estimates, work breakdown structures and the project work plan; prepare a consolidated work plan for initiatives that involve multiple related projects.
- Manages the tracking of inter-dependencies (start and finish relationships).
- Negotiates agreement on project schedule and budgets.
- Define project roles and responsibilities.
- Determine project resource needs and arrange for the assignment of resources utilizing internal KPIT and external sourcing options.
- Ensure all project deliverables are completed on time, within budget, and with the required level of quality.
- Establish and maintain appropriate level of communication with business partners and other stakeholders while managing expectations.
- Manage project risks and develop appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Track and report on project and deliverable status and manage variances; prepare weekly project status reports and other project communications or presentations as needed.
- Prepare or approve regular performance appraisals for project team members.
- Provide constructive feedback, coaching, and project management mentoring to team members.
- Ensure project alignment with KP-IT standards and processes.
Prerequisite Skills & Experience:
- At least 10 years in IT and 7+ years of experience as a hands-on IT Project Manager with a proven track record for successfully managing the implementation of highly complex, large-scale business application systems, involving both vendor and in-house developed solutions on mainframe, client/server and web-based platforms.
- Supervision of up to 50 FTEs and up to 25 consultants/contractors, with total budgets of up to $50M per project.
- Multiple sites; multiple regions; up to 20 inter-dependent work tracks.
- Proven expertise in project planning methodology and full SDLC, as well as a strong process orientation.
- Highly proficient in developing work effort estimates using top-down and bottom-up approaches; developing detailed WBSs and work plans using MS Project or a comparable leading project management tool; and solid skills in performing forecast, actual, and variance budget tracking.
- Able to effectively track and report on project schedules, deliverables and budgets; control scope; manage expectations; and mitigate risk.
- Strong teaming and business partner relationship building skills.
- Strong people management skills, with extensive experience motivating and leading a team to deliver complex systems development projects under tight timeframes.
- Experienced in managing a diverse workforce, including projects with on-site, remote, and matrixed team members in multiple geographic locations.
- Highly adept at problem-solving, conflict resolution, and negotiation.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Prior Healthcare IT experience and/or "Big 5" consulting experience highly preferred as are expertise in at least two of the following areas: Diamond, Peoplesoft, Siebel, Callidus, AllFusion Gen (Cool:Gen), Sales Force Automation, CRM, ERP, HIPAA, Benefits Administration, Claims Processing.
- Prior experience and expertise in implementing ERP vendor software packages across multiple locations is highly preferred.
- Prior experience and expertise in implementing any of Cerner's ERP application suites is highly preferred.
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or other technical discipline preferred. PMI certification.
This position may be based in NCAL or SCAL.
Or go here and enter 35667 in the keyword search field.