Kelly IT Resources is placing a Sr. Project Manager in Novato, CA to manage a client's offshore outsourcing project. They are seeking a qualified candidate who has experience migrating projects overseas.
- Deliver projects that are on time and within budget and that meet strategic and business requirements.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and tasks.
- Create the project plan and ensure its ongoing maintenance.
- Formulate and define scope and objectives of projects.
- Monitor the project from initiation through delivery and closure.
- Create a communication plan that includes both internal and external project communication documents, meetings, and reporting requirements including maintenance of the project data in the Project Portfolio database.
- Interface with the IT Product Manager and other IT resources to manage expectations.
- Assign and monitor work of project team members, providing support and direction.
- Assure compliance with the company's project management policies and standards.
- Manage the P&L of the project.
- Ensure communication of project goals and business direction to executive management.
- Establish effective communication between dependent projects.
- Interface with customers across multiple business units to manage expectations.
- Work with functional managers to assure complete and appropriate resourcing.
- Identify issues and drive issues to resolution.
- Present project proposals/plans, issues and recommendations to senior management committees.
Knowledge, Skill & Competency Requirements:
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated communication and influencing skills with management at all levels.
- Extensive knowledge of Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- 5-7 years of project management experience on large, enterprise-wide projects.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- PMP certification or other formal project management training desirable
- 5-7 years of experience managing complex projects.