Where have I been? Here’s the job title for outsourcing professionals for the next decade: Manager of Vendor Diversity. That’s the latest position consulting/outsourcing firm Spherion is trying to fill. Here’s the specific job (which pays between $70k and $80k):
Spherion is a 2 billion dollar staffing corporation with over 700 offices nation wide. We are currently looking for a Manager of Vendor Diversity. Qualified candidates will have a complete understanding of working with M/WDVBEs and the process it takes to become qualified as an M/WDVBE. Candidates will have strong networking skills; excellent communications skills written and oral, a professional demeanor, excellent presentations skills, and excellent Microsoft excel skills. To be considered for this position please email your resume. Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Responsible for the management of Spherion’s vendor diversity program, identification/qualification of M/WDVBEs in support of SFN engagements and field management support/training/guidance as it relates to diverse vendor selection, implementation, management and reporting. Drive initiatives in support of M/WDVBE compliance and reporting, and coordinate/participate in regional/national council conferences and applicable functions/forums. Special projects as requested by the Director.
- Develop, maintain and implement tools, policies, and procedures to facilitate the identification, selection and management of M/WDVBE suppliers in support of Spherion’s engagements and business development pursuits.
- The Vendor Diversity Manager will develop, implement, and maintain the process to track and produce required reports for all spend with vendors that fall into the M/WDVBE categories.
- Ensure accurate, complete, and current reporting of Prime Suppliers’ and 2nd Tier Diversity Suppliers’ spend.
- Manage the reporting process to assist in compliance with M/WDVBE requirements.
- Responsibilities include program education and communications, and assisting field managers in the identification of qualified M/WDVBE vendors in support of Spherion engagements.
- Participate in industry councils, and other supplier diversity events as a Spherion representative.
- Develop and implement initiatives that work with small and diverse businesses to improve their capability to meet Spherion’s objectives and standards.
- Support Spherion’s vendor diversity objective of developing a world-class program through benchmarking, increased awareness of program, and standardized procedures for increasing vendor diversity participation in RFP/contracting processes, engagements, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA desirable.
You can learn more here.