Walt Disney is seeking a manager, category sourcing for technology & telecommunications in its Burbank offices. The position will have the following responsibilities:
- Accountable for leading facilitating cross-business unit sourcing initiatives that consider total cost of ownership including supply chain, process, and infrastructure improvements.
- Ensure quality and depth of analysis for sourcing initiatives and facilitate executive and stakeholder buy-in for sourcing recommendations and measure results.
- Lead/facilitate total cost/supply chain management analyses to identify opportunities to reduce Technology/Telecommunications spend.
- Manage strategic sourcing process, including market assessments, RFP and strategy development, supplier negotiations and contract development for Technology/ Telecommunication goods and services.
- Interface with business unit Information Technology departments to fully understand key technology/telecommunication drivers.
- Lead/facilitate sourcing activities for all new and existing enterprise wide technology hardware/software requirements.
- Participate in technology/telecommunications standards development and new product evaluation.
- Lead/facilitate implementation activities for all new and existing Technology/ Telecommunications contracts.
- Develop and deploy best practice supplier management and sourcing/supply chain practices for Technology/Telecommunications.
- Communicate sourcing status and results to Senior Sourcing Executive, Corporate IT, business unit CIOs and Purchasing Leads, business unit Operating Executives and key stakeholders.
- Work with suppliers to identify and resolve issues and identify improvements and cost savings opportunities.
Continually measure savings, supplier performance and internal service levels.
- Enhance Technology/Telecommunication sourcing/operational processes based on measured results.
- Participate in business unit planning processes related to Technology/ Telecommunications.
The position may require up to 25% travel.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The final candidate will have a minimum 4-8 years of experience in IT and Technology-Telecommunications-related Procurement/Strategic Sourcing, as well as internal/external business consulting experience. The candidate will possess a deep knowledge of Technology/Telecommunications industry market trends and dynamics and a demonstrated capability in strategically sourcing Technology/Telecommunications commodities. The candidate must have experience with IT strategy development, process change management and implementation. The candidate must also have expertise and application of supply chain management and business process reengineering practices.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in thinking strategically and globally and the ability in building and leading effective cross-functional teams. The candidate will have excellent facilitation and negotiation skills and the ability to manage the diverse stakeholder interests and expectations. They will be able to build strategic supplier relationships. The ideal candidate will have strong project management experience and outstanding communication skills.
Learn more here.