Nextel is looking for a vendor manager/performance in its Reston office. This one isn\’t IT-specific, but it does fall into the category of telecom, so that counts for something.
Here\’s the description:
Responsible for supplier/vendor compliance and performance measurement and management, Evaluates meeting the needs of internal clients by collaborating with business owners and other Supply Chain Management organizations, to identify business, technical, operational requirements and to leverage existing strategic supplier relationships and agreements for supplier selection, purchase consolidations, price definitions and performance measurement recommendations.
1. Reconcile vendor performance to contractual terms and conditions, identify any discrepancies in monthly reporting, financial statements, and work requests. In event of dispute, facilitate resolution between Nextel operational entity, Vendor and SCM.
2. Identifies new sources of supply within supplier portfolio of services and leverage Nextel relationship to provide best terms and conditions.
3. Interfaces with all levels of operational management to manage existing supplier relationships, facilitate operational performance reviews, legal and technical discussions to leverage and enhance contractual terms and resolve supplier related issues.
4. Collaborate with business owners, Legal, Risk Management, Security, and other Supply Chain Management groups to identify the correct management strategies for strategic suppliers. Implement, and manage supplier management strategy with the operational business units based on business objectives and Nextel policies. Work with business owners to draft contracts, writes service level agreements, administers contract changes, and interpret contract language.
5. Collaborate with other supply chain management functional areas including, sourcing, contracting, logistics, purchasing, to develop processes that ensure seamless support of the business unit operational requirements.
6. Lead and participate in complex project teams with internal Nextel departments for contract negotiations, contract writing, purchasing, contract administration and dispute resolution activities.
7. Act as effective, centralized source of information for interpretation or communication of contract terms, scope, performance obligations, service renewals, additional services, and scope changes that may result in funds allocation and operational purchases from strategic suppliers or cost avoidance strategies, as applicable.
Must have extensive experience with working with existing vendors and suppliers in a large organization. Developing Score Cards, Working with Contracts Management Tools (Dicarta), Internal/External Customer Dispute Resolution, Review existing service level agreements with current vendors and suppliers. Telecom experience is preferred.