Ceridian Corp. seeks a full-time Payroll Software Development Manager in its Atlanta, GA office.
1. Provide leadership and direction to resources and balance priorities across multiple projects and products, using project plans, staff meetings and feedback from Senior executives.
2. Manage technical and functional analysis, repair and tracking of third-level support issues. Support can take the form of patches and/or non-scheduled program releases and operational modifications. Communications involve 1st and 2nd level support staff, district personnel, other Ceridian departments, and representatives of government tax and regulatory agencies. Review/approve development organization s support/maintenance changes on daily basis with other departments. Report status using metrics on monthly basis.
3. Schedule technical analysis and programming for Payroll projects, including tax/regulatory modifications and new functionality. Evaluate/implement structural improvements for existing programs to increase efficiency and long-term maintainability, reduce processing times. Review project statuses through weekly meetings, adjusting assignments and schedules as necessary to minimize risk and promote timely completion and high quality results
4. Develop, evaluate, implement improved processes, methods and tools to continually improve software quality. Evaluate and develop alternatives to aid in increased organizational efficiency.
5. Develop qualified staff through training in process, functional, technical and operational areas. Fulfill additional staffing needs through justification, requisition, recruiting, hiring and retention. Evaluate employee qualifications and progress using written and verbal reviews.
6. Support configuration management through standardized software library control processes. Select and schedule smaller projects in appropriate releases based on time and staffing constraints, and customer needs.
7. Control hour/dollar budgets and costs including updating annual forecast on a monthly basis. Communicate statuses and report progress using metrics.
8. Build working relationships with the internal organizations that are our customers and with other internal organizations to ensure that enhancements and modifications provide the best possible solution for customer needs, that these changes are synchronized with other CES development organizations, and to promote reliance and confidence among departments. Confer, exchange, and influence development practices and concepts within the department and across the development organization.
Travel Required 30%, Valid driver's license required.
- Education – BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Management Experience. – 5+ years of Project/Program/Operations management for software or hardware/software development efforts.
- Technical/Industry Experience – 8+ years IT or related technical experience focused in large scale system design and development.
- Communication Skill – Ability to accurately communicate complex technical issues to Sr. Management and Business/Programmatic issue to Technical and Project Managers.
- Leadership – Must be self-disiplined, organized, and must be able to motivate staff members at all levels.
- Full life cycle development methodology knowledge
Learn more here.