Legal and Compliance IT is a part of the UBS Investment Bank ESSOC shared application services group. ESSOC provides services to Equities, Fixed Income, Rates & Currencies and Investment Banking Divisions. Legal & Compliance IT focuses on enterprise wide applications supporting the legal and compliance business globally.
The team we are recruiting will provide a global archiving service to meet the Investment Bank's application data retention regulatory requirements. The solution will be deployed in the USA, Europe and Asia and will archive data from applications from each of the business divisions.
This project is part of a larger Data Retention program. The team will need to work closely with other technology and business areas within this program to provide an enterprise-wide archiving solution that will meet the UBS Investment Bank data retention policy.
The Individual must be self-starting, possess excellent verbal & written communication skills and be customer oriented. Excellent listening skills are essential. The candidate will also have strong project management skills, gathered over multiple years working on large technology projects. The candidate must be highly committed: reliable, responsive and knowledgeable. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate proven leadership skills and empathy to ensure a courteous and efficient service is provided with tact and patience.
This role will require experience with vendor management and outsourcing. It is highly desirable that the candidate also has prior experience with regulatory archiving and/or securities process regulations.
This position requires a good level of technical skills and an ability to resolve complex problems creatively. Specifically, this position requires 8 to 10 years experience in a technical capacity.
- This position requires a good level of technical skills and an ability to resolve complex problems creatively.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of general investment banking business process.
- Responsible for the management of project problems, ensuring effective and timely resolution.
- Demonstrable skills in communicating technical issues.
- Promote the overall stability of the system through improved support initiatives.
- Develop a broad knowledge and understanding of the global support model, technology and business issues in order to identify specifications to improve the supportability of the service.
- Function as a liaison to the business, ensuring that issues important to the users are identified and addressed or directed to the appropriate area.
- Develop effective lines of communication with customers, business clients and within Technology.
- Ensure there is a sufficient Service Level Agreement for the Regulatory Archiving Service.
- Periodic Responsibilities (performed as needed).
- Coordinating and managing system releases Drive product packaging of new products and enhancements to the software.
- Ensure there is adequate application documentation for training, cross-training and troubleshooting.
- Degree required.
- Specialization in Computer Science, Engineering or Business related discipline. MBA desirable.
- 8 – 10 years in IT, preferably working in development using the essential technical skills listed below.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Bi-lingual skills would be a decided advantage.
- Team leading experience, preferably in a global production environment.
The following technical skills are ESSENTIAL:
We require an understanding of:
- Relational databases
- Distributed systems
- Client server systems
Exposure to the following would be an advantage:
- Unix: including scripting (preferably Perl)
- Any RDBMS (preferably Oracle)
- Java and/or JSP
- ORBIX and CORBA
- C (or other 3GL) or C++ (and Visual C++)
- Some knowledge of SEC legal standards
Please apply here.